Friday 17 June 2016

TASK 4

Just recently, we were blessed with a gorgeous John Galliano tribute store on Stardoll. The store featured many of his greatest designs and overall aesthetic. John Galliano is way up there as one of the most legendary designers in the history of fashion, and it's no wonder why I planned to dedicate a task to his artistry.

For this weeks task, our designers must create a high fashion, avant-garde runway look inspired by John Galliano, plus a stunning headshot featuring typical Galliano/Pat McGrath makeup and hair.

Below are some examples of both Galliano runway looks, and the kind of makeup looks we are looking for;











To clarify, you must create a stunning Galliano inspired runway look; you may use a look from his legendary stint at Dior, or from his own label - you may also combine references if you wish. The key to a stunning Galliano look is combinations of fabrics, layers, patterns, and colours. As well as your runway look, you must create a makeup headshot inspired by a Galliano/Pat McGrath beauty look; again, you may combine different elements of several makeup looks if you wish. You are free to use either Stardoll or real life models, that decision is down to you.


But wait, that's not all. Often I wonder if I challenge my contestants too much - I like to put you through your paces and test your limits, but it seems at times I am hypocritical to put on such a heavy workload. This week, I myself will be participating in the task and posting my "entry" alongside yours in the results post - this means that your entry has to be twice as good in order to compare to my very own. The pressure really is on.


The deadline for this task is Monday the 27th of June 2016. You will have until then to send in your work. I wanted to give you a little extra time for this task since I am really expecting your absolute best work; take your time and make me proud. Remember to check the SUBMISSION page for information on how to submit and protect your work.


Good luck, and may the power of Galliano be with you.

Jailer

No comments:

Post a Comment