Sunday 14 September 2014

TASK 4

When I first started graphics, it took me a while to define my own style and figure out what worked for me. After a lot of experimentation, I found my niche in runway illustrations. An important part of being a successful graphic designer is having a unique style, so this weeks task is going to put yours to the test!

Inspired by my love of drawing runway looks, your challenge is to simply create a graphic of this stunning look from Givenchy FW/11




I've set a couple of guidelines for this task

  • You must use the image above as your reference image, recreating the whole image. (Click here for an example)
  • Whether you want to use a Stardoll face or draw the real face of the model is completely up to you, the key of this task is to play to your strengths.
  • You do not have to use the background, you can use your own background or not even a background at all.
  • You must include the whole body and all of the garments.
 I chose this reference image because of the different textures and and materials, I want to see how well you can all convey them. Having original, creative ideas is a great attribute but won't mean anything if you can't have a clean delivery. The point of this task is to see who has the basic technique skills to succeed in this industry.


The deadline for this task is 22nd September 2014 - if you require an extension, please contact me ASAP.

Good luck!





2 comments:

  1. I love this task - and that ref is a great one, if I have time I might even give it a stab for fun =D Good luck everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete