Wednesday 29 October 2014

TASK 6 RESULTS + THE COMEBACK


Lookbooks are a great way to display a certain style of genre of fashion, and this week our contestants created their very own lookbooks featuring three unique graphics! The competition is incredibly tough right now, it's getting to be neck and neck between our contestants, but let's see who came out on top;



TOP PHOTO: Pablo



Absolutely S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G. I am speechless! You proved to us all why you are here this week, and I am beyond impressed. The originality and odd-ness of the style you went with is just gorgeous and you delivered it so strongly and so well. I adore everything about your lookbook, it was close to flawless. The fringe is drawn beautifully and I am obsessed with the PVC outfit in your headshot. One minor issue I still find myself having with your graphics is sometimes your edges can still appear choppy, it was seen less in this weeks task but I still catch it in some areas (for example, on the legs in your body shot). Overall your entries this week were perfection and I fell in love with everything. You're taking such a strong lead, at this point, you are in line to win.





BOTTOM TWO

Rozalia

 

I really liked the street style element you went for, but I think you missed the mark just a little. I like how the outfit has coordinating colours, which you also matched with the makeup, but the background does distract from the simplicity of the look. The hair looks somewhat like plastic, try shading individual parts of the hair instead of shading big chunks and waves. The skirt is shaded beautifully! I would have liked to have seen more shading on the sweater. Your improvement in this competition has been so drastic and you have come so far, but have you come far enough to make it to the final stages?


Beth


For me, your lookbook was the weakest. I like the hair (a big step up from your previous attempts) and how your looks resonate with your personal style. What was most confusing for me was trying to grasp the actual theme and concept of your lookbook, at first I thought it might be bags but it's hard to tell. I also think the background is just so wrong, it's very dulling and dare I say childish? Your shading work has improved a lot, but I was disappointed to see you use a Stardoll body with no editing for your headshot. You should study shadows and how they are created (there should be a shadow from the hair in all your shots and also from clothing) it's a very simple addition but makes a big difference to your graphics. You've given a good entry this week, but, unfortunately, it's nothing that stood out to me.


So who will be eliminated? After taking into consideration the previous efforts of each contestant, I have decided that the person leaving this week is...






Beth

Your lookbook did not strike me as much as the others, and unfortunately your out-of-the-blue top photo wasn't enough to make up for your otherwise mediocre performance throughout the contest.

As we near the end, it becomes increasingly hard to say goodbye to contestants. I would like to wish Beth the best of luck in all her future endeavors, I am so proud of how far you've come!




BUT THIS WEEKS RESULTS POST DOESN'T END HERE

As you all know, a comeback poll was posted, giving the readers a chance to bring back one previously eliminated contestant.  Either Helen, Filip, or Giselle would return, and their fate was in your hands!

So, who will be returning for the last leg of The Graphics Project Cycle 1?




Congratulations, Filip!

Snatching the poll with 60% of the votes, Filip, you have been chosen by our readers to return to the competition! 

You will be competing, alongside Pablo and Rozalia, in the penultimate task, which will determine our official final two. No more comebacks. No more twists. This is it. 

Task 7 will be posted soon.






6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! I am so glad and so excited and I JUST HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY! Pablo, you already know what I think of your entry, I think it's the most fabulous thing in this competition (SO FAR). I am sorry to see Beth out :( But I am also sorry for Helen and Giselle but oh god, I am back? Jesus, this will be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, Pablo's entry is just amazing! He nailed it again. Congratulations dear!
    And congrats to Filip too for being back to the competition.
    Can't wait for the next task!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pablo's entries so much! I must admit I was kind of expecting to leave this week as I just hadn't been able to dedicate much time or commitment to them, my theme was Orla Kiely's Resort '15 by the way! Anyway I think TGP has helped me improve a massive amount. :)
    Good luck to everyone and congratulations to Filip!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been such a pleasure having you as a contestant, Beth! I hope to see more work from you in the future!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Thank you so much! I'm really speechless of the incredibly nice comments on my entry! It's mesmerizing to think that I applied thinking that I would last for maybe 3 tasks and now with the feedback and advice I'm at a point where I can say I'm confident about my work! Congratulations to both Rozalia and Beth regardless of what the results were today both of them are amazingly talented

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! Pablo´s work is like heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete