Wednesday 19 November 2014

TASK 7 RESULTS

(Apologies for how long it took me to post this, a lot has been going on and it was hard to find time to draft results)


For the seventh task, contestants were challenged to create a fun and flirty graphic embodying the style and essence of the fashion line Betsey Johnson. Using their own doll, along with mine, the criteria was to have fun and present a graphic that was cute and kitschy.

Unfortunately, Filip decided to bail on the competition just days after this task was posted, forfeiting his chance to return. No contestant will take his place, and Task 7 now stands as part one of the final. There will be no top photo this week as only two contestants remain.

Without further ado, let's see how our final two did...




Rozalia 



I want to start by saying that your technique has improved so much over the course of the competition, you have really come so far! What I like the most about this particular graphic is the playful yet laid back feel. The shading on the legs is just immense, absolutely flawless. I think you need a little work on your collarbone technique - I can admit it's a tricky area to master, but once you have it down you'll be good to go. The hair looks a little flat and dare I say rushed? But I love the colour choices. The dresses are slightly bland for me too; portraying Betsey, I would have gone for something more extravagant. Finally, the makeup is a tad drab, with the intensity of the hair colour, you could have done something more contrasting. Overall, I like this graphic and I think it somewhat embodies Betsey Johnson to a certain extent + both of our dolls look gorgeous!


Pablo

Stunning once again. You never fail to deliver on each and every task. Your ability to be a chameleon will do you wonders in this industry! I love the modern twist you put on this (Instaglam? Genius) and the dresses look absolutely stunning. What really impressed me the most was the hair, it is unlike anything I've seen in a graphic before - incredibly well done! One thing that is throwing me off just a little is the over-filtered effect you applied to this. I understand that you might have added a filter effect to match the "instagram" theme you went with, but for me it makes the whole thing look a little cheap and forceful. I was also thrown off by the fact that your entry was a little blurry, and do I see an un-cropped shading layer near your dolls leg? At this point in the competition it is very important that you pay attention to every single detail. As harsh as it may sound, I am looking for nothing less than perfection. I want to crown somebody who knows what they're doing 100%. Your fabulously executed entries are often knocked down a notch or two when you fail to notice tiny details, I cannot stress enough how vital it is to go over your graphic before submitting it just to look for any minor flaws or errors that can be corrected - it's what sets apart the best from the almost best.







Taking into consideration that Filip has resigned from the contest - there will be NO elimination this week. Rozalia and Pablo, I have been certain to give specific and precise critique this week, so take what I have said and work hard to prove to me that you deserve the crown.

Which of these two incredibly talented designers will make it to the finish line?

Task 8, the final task of Cycle 1, will be posted shortly.




No comments:

Post a Comment