Tuesday 31 May 2016

TASK 2 RESULTS

Due to personal reasons, Kemoue has decided to drop out of the competition. This means the race to the finale is now a head-to-head battle against Sasha and Gabriel. The aspect of "TOP PHOTO" has also been scrapped, and the results are now posted in alphabetical order.


This week, we challenged our contestants to create an eye-catching advertisement, which enticed potential buyers. We were looking for an ad that caught our attention and really sold the product. Without further ado, let's see what the judges thought...


Gabriel



Jailer: WOW! I just have to say, massive credit for effort here! You really went above and beyond with the content of your ad (props to you for doing a real face!) I love the overall colour scheme, and your technique has improved dramatically since Cycle 1. One small issue I have, is your shading layers - they look quite choppy, and if you could just work on making them smoother (you can do this by making more frequent anchor points when using free select, or using the paths tool instead). It's also really vital that you spell check your text, as "tast" should have an e (taste), but I will give you the benefit of the doubt considering English isn't your first language - although, you can avoid this in future by getting someone to double check the text/spelling on your work. Overall, you did a really great job with the text, Pastels Ice Cream looks delicious!

Nimka: I love this! It's so summery and it makes me want ice cream, which I'm sure is the goal. Like Jailer, said kudos to you for using a real face, but I agree that the layers should be softer so it looks like a smoother skin, and maybe more defining layers in the hair but I love this because it's so fun and pops out.


Sasha



Jailer: You really went above and beyond with this, and I love it! The fact that you did 3 graphics, tied into one ad, is really impressive. I love the colour pop of yellow, although I think you could have edged this out a little by contrasting the yellow with black instead of white, that would have made the colours pop even more. The shading technique is lovely, I can tell you worked hard on that. Your slogan is definitely very enticing, and I love that you took a little inspiration from current pop culture (I assume this was inspired by Beyoncé's new album?), it's always great to stay current with your work - and extra points for primarily featuring models of colour, something a lot of graphic designers fail to do. My only concern with your work, is that you seem to be in a place where you feel very comfortable, and I would love for you to step out of your comfort zone and push yourself. You did a great job this week, you should be proud!

Nimka: LEMONADE! I really want to try your lemonade, Sasha. This ad is so you, I love the injection of pop culture and love how the yellow stands out on the BW backgrounds, and go you for using dolls of colour. I love that this is such an ode to Beyonce and yourself which celebrates women in a fun way. The play on words is really great too and the poses are so powerful. You're doing so well! I would love to see you take it one step further and can't wait to see what you bring us next.



Now, just two remain and the crown is anyones for the taking! I have a lot of faith in our remaining competitors, and I am incredibly excited to see what they will continue to deliver. Task 3 will be posted soon.

Jailer


__________


1 comment: