Wednesday 1 June 2016

TASK 3

As most of you know, I am absolutely obsessed with the Limited Edition brand. I have already completed three collections, and am on my way to completing a fourth. The themes of the older collections are so consistent and flaw free, which is what inspires me to collect, and what also inspired me for this weeks task.

For this task, each of our contestants will be assigned a season of LE, which they must take heavy inspiration from to create a show-stopping high fashion editorial style graphic. I have taken the liberty of creating you each a collage, highlighting the key features and standout garments of your assigned season - I advise you take a good look at the collage, get a feel of the style of the collection and use the inspiration as a springboard point for your entry.


Sasha - Season 4 

Key features;

  • Loud colours
  • Face/Skull prints
  • Bows
  • Cutouts
  • Colour-blocking




Gabriel - Season 8 

Key features;
  • Plaid/Stripes
  • Fur
  • Shiny pleather
  • Saturated tones
  • Baggy fits



To clarify: you must create a high fashion editorial style graphic (something you might see in a fashion magazine) using your assigned LE collection as inspiration for the clothing, makeup, hair, scenery, styling etc. My advice to the both of you is cram as much inspiration as you can into your editorial, be as daring and literal as you wish. I am expecting a lot from the both of you, I really have faith in your ability to deliver something amazing - trust your instincts, and don't stray too far from the objective! Bonus tip; use the eyedropper tool to take colours directly from the collage, this will help massively in coinciding your editorial to the inspiration. 


The deadline for this task is Friday the 10th of June 2016. You will have until then to send in your work. Remember to check the SUBMISSION page for information on how to submit and protect your work.

Good luck to both of you, I am extremely excited to see what you show us this time around. 
Jailer




No comments:

Post a Comment