Friday 12 December 2014

TASK 8 RESULTS

10 contestants. 8 tasks. 2 finalists. The first cycle of The Graphics Project was so much more successful than I expected, and I am truly grateful for all of your dedication and support. It's time to crown our winner.

For their very last task, our finalists were challenged to create a double-feature, including a makeup headshot accompanied with a striking runway look. This was their last chance to make a lasting impression, and prove why they should win Cycle 1. Let's see the final entries...


Rozalia





Stunning. Just stunning. I'm in love with your runway graphic, I can't take my eyes off of it! The technique is flawless, everything looks impeccable - that skirt has me speechless. The makeup and styling choices were so bold, and not at all something I would expect from you. I love the sheer top, and those polka dots must have taken so much time to draw. I cannot fault one single element of this graphic, it's honestly some of the best work I've seen from, not only you, but from any contestant in this entire cycle. You should be so proud of yourself. As for the makeup graphic, I'm very impressed. I like how you chose to include hands in the graphic, as I know they're very difficult to draw. I love the big full lips, they really extenuate the hot pink lip colour you went with! The eyeshadow is very couture and blends well with the rest of the look. I just have a slight issue with a couple of rough edges, mainly on the hands - had they have been smoothed out, this would have been close to a 10/10 for me.  I'm so amazed by how far you've come in this competition, you started out rocky but you really pulled through and showed that you are a talented and exquisite designer.


Pablo



Just breathtaking. The direction you went with in this task is unbelievable! Your ideas are so unique and out-of-the-box, I don't even know how to start praising you for it! You took a huge risk with going for something so "ugly", but you made it beautiful, and you made it you. The runway graphic is remarkable, it amazes me how much patience you had to draw those tassels and all of the mesh, your work is truly a creditable craft. As always, the hair looks gorgeous, your hair technique is one of the best I've seen, and it's improved so much over time. I love the awkward posing of the model, and the effect you made with her feet in the water. Your headshot is so intense and hard hitting, the colours of the makeup are blended so nicely and you really created a unique and striking face. The only problem I have is that your shading can appear blotchy in some areas, I would consider evening out your layers and making sure they are crisp and flow-y. Overall, your final entry is stunning and lives up to the bar you set in this competition. You have been consistent and cunning throughout this cycle, and you deserve to have come this far.



Both of our finalists have delivered nothing short of a masterpiece for the final entries, and I could not be more proud of both of them. They have each represented this competition in such a flawless manner, and I am honored to have experienced their work.

But who will be taking home the crown? Which one of these talented individuals has beaten the rest and raced their way all the way up to the top?


The winner of Cycle 1 of The Graphics Project, whom will receive an exclusive, stunning feature graphic designed by me, a position to judge in the next cycle, and the opportunity to work for Haus of X in up and coming projects, is...







Going to be revealed soon.


10 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GOD.
    I hate you! I want to know who won! Hahaha.
    Both entries are so breathtaking! I don't even have words to describe how beautiful and stunning these graphics are. I wouldn't know how to choose only one, so good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pablo's reference is my favorite but i can't tell where the posterization ends and his own work flow starts. I see the same problem with Roza's work. However they're both stunning. I love love love the netting gorgeous! It's mcqueen what can you say besides legit iconic. Both pieces have that cohesive vibe. The fuchsia pallet brings the entries neck and neck.

    Congratulations to whomever wins! I wish more of the competitors were more dedicated and didn't drop out because I would have liked to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you dont see work flow I hand drawing mesh and fringe I don't know what you're looking for, xx Thanks for the comments !

      Delete
  3. OMG Rozalia hands down had the better entry for the full body, but Pablo had a better head shot in my opinion. omg this will be close :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you even know what you're talking about lmao

      Delete
    2. um obviously I do, do you even know how to read.....

      Delete
  4. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents seeing as I judged the opening part of the competition!
    Both look so detailed and I can tell so much time and effort have been put into these works - but for me, with this one, I think Rozalia stands out more. When looking at the full body shot you really can see how her skills have progressed and I think it's looking so much better than your early entries (which I did love though). With Pablo's I think the choice of makeup and the overall look on the headshot is much stronger, however the face itself is blurry making it a little unappealing to look at, with the full body shot, I can't get past what's happening at the model's right collarbone - it almost looks like there's two, but the angles just quite aren't right. Though you definitely can't deny the improvement from your beginnings in the competition!


    Good luck to both, may the best designer win! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I was really concerned about the collarbone too, but since i really like sticking to my reference I decided to go with it, i'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to look at my reference picture, maybe this will make it easier to understand that area http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-x8WF3zFZrtY/UbfmQSK0Y8I/AAAAAAAAJD4/efo2aC3VUn0/s1600/alexander+mcqueen+slave.jpg xo.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Pablo your work is stunning!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete